Add a little love and whimsy to your holidays with a new line of handstamped fine pewter goodies by Lisa Leonard Designs. Perfect for newlyweds celebrating their first Christmas together, families, and friends alike, these handcrafted items are sure to “warm the heart and home” this year.
Wedding parasols are a great and easy wedding detail for any type of wedding. Parasols will provide a perfect photo opportunity, while they can keep guests shaded during a beach, destination wedding, or outdoor ceremony and can even double as wedding favors!
Photography by Tommy Colbert
Bride Tips to help you through the wedding planning process from Contemporary Bride.
Bridal Registries give guests guidance as to what the bride and groom needs or wants for their new home together. From Macy’s to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, couples list potential items from the smallest accessories to major appliances and everything in between giving a variety of items that will ensure there is a gift to fit every budget. But let’s face it, times have changed. If you’ve been living on your own or have been living with your hubby-to-be, you probably already have most household items. Be strategic about planning your registry or take into consideration these great alternate wedding registries that can contribute to your honeymoon, wedding lingerie (perfect for a bachelorette party), a future home, and even charities.
Help send the newlyweds on a romantic honeymoon to a location where they always dreamed of traveling, but can’t necessarily afford. Couples sign up for free at http://www.honeymoonwishes.com and post pictures and descriptions from lists. Family and friends will be told about your registry via social media and announcement cards. Your guests can then contribute to part of your honeymoon by conveniently using a credit card or they can call, mail, or fax in their order. “A gift to be cherished for a lifetime.”
Lingerie Bridal Registry
With Cosabella’s Bridal Registry, bride’s have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a Cosabella consultant to create the perfect lingerie themed registry. From bridal showers, wedding night, and honeymoons, this is the perfect way for guests to shower you with luxurious non-embarrassing items that you truly want to wear and want.
Hatch My House
Start saving towards your dream home and allow family and friends to contribute with Hatch My House. Whether your planning on purchasing a home or renovating your current space, this is a fun and easy way for guests to visit your house page and purchase a part of your dream home (such as windows or doors).
I Do Foundation
Celebrate generosity and incorporate your socially conscious values into wedding planning by giving back to a charity of your choice. Encourage guests to celebrate your nuptials with a gift to your chosen charities, give back by registering with partner stores who donate up to 5 percent of gift purchases, or make a donation in leiu of traditional wedding favors. For more information visit http://www.IDoFoundation.org.
Get your groom involved and excited with items tailored toward him. The Man Registry features wedding gift items including electronics, barbeque grills, bar supplies, and more. All items in which guys would love to have to fill his backyard, man cave, and even garage.
Combine the beauty of nature with the elegance of a formal affair to beautifully style your wedding.
Four-tiered Basketweave and Flower Wedding Cake – http://www.pinkcakebox.com • Flower Clutch – http://www.mimiboutique.com • Pastille Wedding Gown – http://www.clairepettibone.com • Sunflower Handmade Wedding Invitations – http://www.invitationsbyalecia.com • Classic Herringbone Tie – http://www.thetiebar.com • Whole Leaf Tea Sachet Favors – http://www.beau-coup.com • Pearl Wedding Cake Vodka – http://www.pearlweddingcake.com • Petals Babydoll – http://www.shopinbloombyjonquil.com • Lauren Bridal Hat – http://www.portobellojewelry.com
Embark on your new adventure by showcasing your love of traveling throughout your wedding day. From passport style invitations to the unique cake design, your personalities are sure to inspire all to travel.
The Adriana Mexico Vintage Passport Wedding Invitation -http://www.peacockinvitations.com • Par Avion Wedding Cake - http://www.sweetelement.com • The Diplomat Collection - http://www.steamlineluggage.com • The Honeymooners Gift Set - http://www.navyandlavender.com• Two-In-One Layered Organza Fit-and-Flare Gown – http://www.davidsbridal.com • Airplane Luggage Tags -http://www.kateaspen.com
Thank your guests for being a part of your happily ever after with Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding Favor and Gift Collection. Inspired by Disney princesses and designed to enchant, the ten exquisite favors are now available on http://www.beau-coup.com. While you promise happily ever after to your prince, give your guests a little magic of their own!
Serving snowflake cookies during dessert or giving them to guests as wedding favors are both great ways to incorporate a winter-themed celebration throughout the celebration.
Photo by Aida Photography
A candy bar at a wedding is a fun way to send favors home with guests or simply offer some sweet treats during the reception. Part of the appeal is that the candy buffet works double time as both reception decor and the wedding favor. And while an impressive display requires A LOT of candy (and therefore money), one might rationalize the expense because the sweets kill two birds with one stone.
Photo by Abbey Photography
Things to consider when having a candy bar..
Candy Bar Alternatives
- Will there be an overall color theme or do you want it to be very colorful? For example if you are having a beach theme wedding, you can serve candies from the boardwalk: saltwater taffy, caramel apples, fudge, peanut brittle. Another option is to have a retro candy buffet displaying such items as candy bracelets and necklaces on the elastic cords or the little waxed bottles filled by sugar water.
- Do you want to go with an all chocolate buffet of candy or maybe all hard candies?
- What types of containers do you want to display your candy in? Use containers in different shapes and different heights. Clear containers are the best to show off your candy displays. Also use containers that are wide enough for a candy scoop to fit inside. What’s the use of having cool containers if your guests can’t get to the candy?
- Will you make labels? If so, why not incorporate your initials or color theme into those as well.
- Don’t forget the scoopers! You don’t want everyone’s hands going in and out of the containers. Decorative silver scoops will add an elegant and festive look.
- How do you want your guests to take the candy home? Maybe small cellophane bags, or classic white bags, or even take out containers matching the color theme of the wedding. Whatever type of container you use, make it fun and personalize with small stickers
- You can make your own sign for the table that might say something like, “Welcome to the Smith’s Sweet Shoppe – Fill up and Enjoy!”
- You can use retail candy or order specialty candy and chocolate. You can even order candy that’s personalized with your wedding date, the bride and grooms’ name or initials and even sketches for a yummy personalized touch that matches your wedding’s colors and wedding themes.
- How much candy should you use? Well, you don’t want your figure based on your guests because then it would probably be small. It is much less about calculating a “per-person” amount and more about creating an amazing focal point, or as we like to call it “The WOW Factor.” Photo by Jason Rhee Photography
The sun setting, the roaring waves and your true love. Have a dream wedding ceremony on the beach using our ideas for unique ways to include nature in your promises.
1. Ideal for beach weddings! Fill this handmade Moroccan Reed Beach Tote with flip flops for your wedding guests. The tote is free when you purchase two dozen pairs of flip flop sandals. http://www.Dessy.com
2. A seaside wedding wouldn’t be complete without a sand ceremony. Making Memories and More can give yours that special touch with the Ocean Shell Unity Sand Set. http://www.MakingMemoriesAndMore.net
3. An unforgettable seaside wedding becomes even more memorable when the Palm Tree Favor Box from Kate Aspen. Greet guests at the table blending spectacular scenery and sweet delights. http://www.KateAspen.com
4. The Coastal Ava Couture Wedding Invitation is The Green Kangaroo’s approach to the glamorous coastal bride. The ultra heavy shimmer wrap adds to the elegance and sanctity of your seaside ceremony, but is most indicative of the grand celebration that is surely to follow. http://www.TGKDesigns.com
5. Every day’s a day at the beach with The Beach Bliss welcome tote from Navy andamp; Lavender. Filled with seaside snacks and available in custom colors. http://www.NavyAndLavender.com
6. This sky blue Mesh Chiffon Gown by Enzoani will be a nice touch for the girls in your wedding party. http://www.Enzoani.com